Proserv is an international energy services company focusing predominately on the design, manufacture, supply and service of oilfield controls with four main product and service offerings; Subsea Controls, Production Controls, Drilling Controls and Field Technology Services. The company operates across 18 sites and 10 countries.
Our people are fundamental to the success of our organisation and remain at the heart of our achievements. At Proserv, we aim to develop our business around a valued and motivated workforce that encourages personal development and allows our people to flourish realising their fullest potential.
The Mechanical Engineer will have day to day responsibilities for delivering key aspects of mechanical topside and subsea control system products from concept design through to manufacture and test. On assignment of product or project-based tasks, the Mechanical Engineer will work with colleagues to design and implement subsea and topside controls projects that include, but not limited to:
- Calculations – structural, hydraulic and hydraulic analyses
- Bills of materials
- Functional and technical specifications
- Procedures - testing, installation, commissioning and operating
- Work with CAD team to produce schematic, general arrangement and fabrication drawings
The Mechanical Engineer will have involvement in supporting other company functions, such as Manufacturing, Sales, Procurement and Field Services in delivering technical solutions. Interaction with Proserv’s customers is a key aspect to the role and will be required at Proserv and Customer locations, including overseas travel where required.
Proserv have a Business Ethics Policy (‘the policy’) which provides guidance to all employees in their day to day roles as well as helping you and the business comply with the law at all times. The incumbent must read, understand and comply with, at all times, the policy along with all other corresponding policies, procedures and directives.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment
- Apply Proserv, and where appropriate Client Company’s, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policies and Safety Management Systems
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement, and lead by example to ensure company goals are achieved and exceeded
- Engineering qualification to BTEC (HND) or a suitable technical qualification with the appropriate engineering experience.
- Engineering qualification at degree (BEng) level.
- Engineering qualification in mechanical engineering or energy subject.
- Understanding of industrial mechanical and hydraulic control systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and others, both verbally and written.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to self-motivate and motivate others.
- Ability to work within time-cost constraints.
- Ability to self-teach from various sources.
- PC literate including Microsoft Office.
- High level of self-discipline and pride to be reflected in quality of work.
- Proven track record in delivering subsea and/or topside mechanical controls projects
- Ability to understand fluid dynamics and structural calculations.
- Understanding of CAD systems e.g. Solidworks or Autodesk products.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position please:
- Complete the personal details contained in the application below then click Apply.
- Remember to attach your CV, this is a mandatory requirement of the application process.
- Attach any other documentation/covering letter you think may assist with your application – please note that it is preferable that certificates, qualifications etc are not sent at this stage.
Please note that Proserv assess all applications based on merit. Should a suitable candidate be identified, Proserv reserves the right to close the recruitment process prior to the advertised date. Only those candidates considered to be suitable will be invited to interview.
Should you have any queries regarding the role or have any issues with regard to your application then please contact the Resourcing Team on firstname.lastname@example.org. CV’s should not be sent to this address as they will not be reviewed.
Close date Wednesday 14th August.